- Club Info
- House League
- Outdoor House League
- Indoor House League
- High-5 All Abilities Team
UMSC Boys Competitive Program
UMSC is a premier soccer development club based in Markham, Ontario. Our Competitive Program is one of the largest and highest ranked in Ontario. Our teams compete at the highest levels and we recently were one of 19 clubs in all of Ontario to be selected to be part of the OPDL - Ontario Player Development League.
The UMSC Boys Competitive Program has its own dedicated boys only Club Head Coach, Filipe Bento. Mr. Bento is a very accomplished player and educator and holds a CSA - A License, the highest soccer license you can receive. Our player focused approach begins at our Lil’ Strikers where players are identified to move to our competitive program. All of our rep teams practice 3 times per week with 1 game and our competitive teams hold open tryouts twice a year in the September/October and in February. Teams practice year round and work with our very talented and knowledgeable technical staff. All competitive practice sessions include physical literacy, main session, small sided game and cool down
All of our competitive teams are knows as “The Strikers” and our official club colours are Red, White and Black.
Competitive U8 - U12
- UMSC technical staff and coaches must adhere to the OSA Development Matrix. Click here to view the OSA's Development Matrix: http://www.ontariosoccer.net/images/publications/2015/player/grassroots/Development-MATRIX-Dec-8-2014.pdf
- All UMSC competitive technical staff and coaches must have the age appropriate OSA coaching certificates, MED and RIS as outlined in the in the OSA Development Matrix.
- U8-U12 is a development age, all players must have equal playing time.
The UMSC Boys Competitive Program also provides:
- Rep Academy - Indoor & Outdoor ages U7 & U8
- Elite Academy - Indoor & Outdoor
- Futsal League - Indoor
- Indoor Dome Training at UMSC's Milliken Soccer Dome & Markham Sports Dome
- Ontario Player Development League (OPDL)
- Central Soccer League (CSL)
- Ontario Youth Soccer League (OYSL)
- Ontario Soccer League (OSL)
- York Region Soccer League (YRSL)
Competitive Boys Indoor Team Trials
There is no charge to attend a competitive team trail, however, all player must pre-register here: https://umsc.powerupsports.com/
Interested in trying out for one of the UMSC Boys Competitive Teams?
Please contact: Director, Boys Competitive - Natasha Whyte at email@example.com
- FUNdamentals Curriculum Vol 1.
- FUNdamentals Curriculum Vol 2.
- FUNdamentals Weekly Sessions
- Learn to Train Curriculum Vol 1.
- Learn to Train Curriculum Vol 2.
- Learn to Train Weekly Sessions
- Recreational Matrix - Outdoor
- Development Matrix - Outdoor
- Game Organization Guide
- Field Organization Guide
- Festival Guide
- Retreat Line
- Inclusive Programming Webinar
- Player Development
- Game Leader
- Creating the confident comfortable player
- Creating a Culture of Engagement Instead of Specialization
- 4 Corner Holistic Development
- Recreational and Development Matrix Webinar
- Playing with an Older Group Process